Mwache Junction – Tsunza – Mteza
Scope of the Project
- Site clearance and setting out;
- Topsoil removal
- Construction of earthworks;
- Construction of pipe culverts, Box culverts, headwalls to culverts and improvement of other drainage and soil erosion protection works.
- Construction of 3 bridges: Mwache Bridge, Tsunza viaduct and Mteza Bridge. vii) Construction of Tsunza U-turn Bay (Km 8+300).
- Accommodation of traffic crossing through the works;
- Gravelling of detours, deviations,
- Construction of improved sub-grade
- Construction of pavements layers comprising of 175mm cement bound Graded Crushed Stone (GCS)
Description of the Project
The new road will consist of a dual carriageway starting from the Mwache interchange, 4km from the A109 road and 5km from the New Container terminal at Kipevu, Mombasa Port. The road runs in a southerly direction from the Mwache interchange for 4.0km crossing the Mwache Creek and going through Tsunza peninsula before turning eastwards across the Mteza Creek.